Wednesday, June 20, 2012

So Dean Cain is on Twitter...



So. Dean Cain is on twitter. But I can't bear to follow him. Not that I follow that many celebrities anyway. It's just too weird, though, with Dean. In my mind he's still 29 and... well... Clark Kent, dangit! Of course, I CAN separate the actor from the character in my mind if I really want to -- heck, I've met Dean in real life -- but mostly I.... don't really want to. When I read fanfic I want to be able to picture that handsome, dark haired, chocolate-brown-eyed cutiepie. When I watch the show I want to completely immerse myself in THAT CHARACTER without thinking about the actor, who, God bless him, is 45 with a 12-year-old son. Nooo! Clark Kent is in his twenties! BRAIN CAN NOT COMPUTE. The same thing happens when I watch a slightly-younger Dean on shows like A Different World. He was such a jerk in that one episode. It makes my brain hurt.


Yet somehow with Teri Hatcher it never has really mattered, watching her get older and move on to other projects. I have no problem seeing her in one role and yet still seeing her as Lois and totally believing her character when I see her or read about Ms. Lane.

So what. Is. My. Problem?

I think I'm just madly in love with "Dean Cain circa 1995," and I could use some professional help.

No comments:

Post a Comment